Friday, October 16, 2009

Entry 20-The Gatorade Experiment

I was burning the midnight oil last night til 1:30 am reading up on DIY kitchen renovations on the cheap and here I am up earlier then I want to be. I refrained from getting on the scale this morning, although I am maintaining an 9 to 10 lb weight loss I Have not broken the 10lb mark (just once, yippee) However, I downed some skirt steak that I marinated for a day and broiled last night- AWESOME. Will include recipe. Took like five minutes and the crew loved it, even the baby! But I also ate chocolate cake that I found in the freezer and nuked. I dont even know WHEN it was from, maybe June? Also I went straight to coffee today and am rushing to get #1 to school and #2 to mommy & me class! I approached my hubby with an idea. The Gatorade Experiment. The idea is to get him off that shit completely. Its like some weird addiction guys develop. The second ingredient is High Fructose Corn Syrup. Its in everything these days. Hard to find stuff without it! Especially when you try to food shop on a budget. Anyhow, the plan: Finish up all the Gatorade and vitamin water stocked in the home, and then for one month do not purchase it, do not drink it, dont even look at it or think about it (think AA for boozers, but GA for him, and not "gamblers") I guaranteed him he will lose weight just from stopping that drink and not changing anything else in his lifestyle. Lets see how that goes. if any of you are willing to take the challenge with us lets do it. You can quit soda if thats your thing, or diet soda, that stuff is terrible for you! The artificial sweetener alone leaves your body craving more sweets! I will let you know when the Gatorade Experiment begins.
And for the awesome skirt steak:
marinate over night or for a few hours with a mixture of...orange juice, ketchup, garlic (dried is great too) saucy susan, worcestershire sauce, terriyaki sauce and BBQ sauce, splash of red wine if you have on hand. I think that was all, and a lil salt n peppa. It was raining so I broiled instead of grilled. Maybe 3-4 minutes each side (then take out if it looks good) loosely cover with tin foil and let rest! Enjoy. (tip: I had my broiler rack 3 below flame and last 2 min put right under flame to crisp it a little!)

No comments: